Re: Win95/DirectX/Thinkpad 760CD

> Recently tried installing DirectX in my laptop, the install seemed to go
> fine, but when running any software the screen appears to go blank and
> lock the notebook up.  Anyone with any ideas?

I recently installed DirectX on my 760C as part of the Command&Conquer
"Red Alert" game. The release notes suggested that some video drivers
are not completely DirectX compatible, and the game provides a couple
of configuration options to work around driver problems.  I found I
had to tweak one of these options to get the game to run properly
for me (on an external monitor, anyway -- I haven't actually tried
it on the LCD yet). This is with the most recent version of the
ThinkPad Win95 video drivers from IBM's web site.

--
Tim Tyhurst                  tim@excelsior.com