Subject: Re: NT 4.0 on a TP760CD P120..need more ram?
Author:  Nick@atlas.mis.mei.com at Gateway
Date:    11/18/96 5:25 PM

Well, I got a 760E with 40 M RAM running it fine and dandy.. runs
even faster now than my desktop 90mhz (the desktop wins under 95, but
the TP smokes on NT4!!)

Somebody had posted the right way to get NT loaded on here, and then
it was just a matter of reloading all the IBM stuff.. Your problem
might be that (and this does sound like something that Redmond would
do) NT 4 works better if you use NTFS, rather than FAT. And, did you
do the install from a clean drive? I tried to get it to work nice
from 95, until I heard about how screwed up it could get, resulting
from the Registry differences. I ended up just throwing it on a clean
drive.

>      Have got a 760CD with 32mb of ram running NT 4.0. Boots are slow and
>      it does a lot of disk swapping even after it's up, so I assume I've
>      got a lot of things getting loaded that don't need to be. I tried
>      disabling MWAVE under ControlPanel/Devices (to free up some RAM) but
>      then it wouldn't boot and I got a blue screen dump, so had to revert
>      to the original configuration. Anybody got a list of things to do to
>      optimize a ThinkPad under NT (and how to do it if possible)?
>
>      By the way, it is a FAT partition. Swap space is set to between 45 and
>      85mb. Display is set to 32k(m?) colors. Any and all sugestions are
>      welcome. Thanks.

Nick Rushizky  ---> nick@atlas.mis.mei.com
Marquette Medical Systems
PC Support Help Desk