Re: Running Linux from external Jaz via PCMCIA

> According to the documentation that comes with the Adaptec
> PCMCIA SCSI card, the PCMCIA spec does NOT support bootable
> devices, period.  In other words, regardless of what you've
> got hanging off your PCMCIA device, it ain't gonna boot.  No,
> I don't know the specifics; perhaps checking on Adaptec's web
> site (is there a PCMCIA newsgroup?) might help.

He wouldn't be booting from PCMCIA.  He would boot from HD or floppy,
then mount the PCMCIA SCSI device after the drivers are loaded.

Dave.

--
Dave Ahn,  ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu     "When you were born you cried, and the
                                         world rejoiced.  Try to live your life