Using 560 for external display

As I consider the 560, I'm troubled by yet another claim that it will
not display on external 640x480 LCD projectors.  At first, I read a
report that the problem was similar to the Terra, which * will* do so
but changes the notebook's display to a smaller window.

Now in the latest PC Magazine, a letter claims the 560 simply won't
output to a 640x480 source -- even if one was willing to accept a
smaller window or even no display on the TB screen.

Does anyone have direct, authentic experience with this situation?  I'd
love to know before I wait in line for the 133 MHZ version.....

Many thanks

Charles S. Swartz
UCLA Extension