Re: Helix Hurricane software

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:14:28 -0800, you wrote:

>Before going into detail, has anyone had experience with this program
>running Windows 3.11?  I use it, and have some bizarre issues on my 701c.
>Most bothersome is windows locking up when coming out of Suspend, but it's
>unpredictable.
>If anyone might have insight, I would appreciate the followup.
>
>Howard

Make sure you the latest version, which is 2.02 (2.01 is also fine,
though not 2.00).  I have installed it on our Thinkpad 760ED running
Windows 3.1 and haven't had trouble with it.  We also run Hurricane
2.01 on four Dell Pentiums and have had no problems.  Version 1.x of
Hurricane was quirky.  I only run the Heap Expander and Global Dos
Manager part of it.  It's the Heap Expander that is the guts of it.
Some of the other options have bugs in it, but the Heap Expander will
let you run a *lot* of programs before your system breaks down.

Go to http://www.helix.com for updates, I think.  People who bought
1.x were supposed to get 2.x free.
Tom Kustner                   Emjay Corporation
System/LAN Administrator      725 W. Glendale Ave.
Email: tom.kustner@emjay.com  Glendale, WI  53209-6509  USA
Any opinions are mine and not necessarily those of Emjay's.