Re: Big hard drive for 755cx

<< I am looking for a larger hard drive fro my 755cx.  Ibm says that the
 largest drive available is a 1.2 Gig.  I was hoping for a 2 gig drive.  I
 seem to remmeber a discussion about this.  Does anybody know if there is a
 2 gig drive which willl work in my thinkpad with little effort?  Either
 way, I would appreciate suggestions on where to buy the 1.2 gig or better
 drives.

CMS makes a 2.1Gb HD for the Thinkpad 750 & 755 series I recently purchased
from Vanstar for around $700.  Great access time, comes with special disk
software to configure large partitions under DOS but found that Win95 could
format it on its own.  Been using it for about 2 weeks now without a hitch,
and installation was as simple as lifting the keyboard, lifting out the 800Mb
drive, replacing it with the 2.1Gb drive, and closing the keyboard.

Mike Pinter, Sr.