Re: How to discarge batter with fuel?

All Thinkpad models do not support this feature. If your model support discharge there will be three
buttons on the fuel util. Otherwise just leave the unit on, with the charger disconnected, until the unit
suspends. Then recharge the unit fully.

There is nothing special about the discharge feature.

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:44:28 -0600, Bill Berry wrote:

>Hi,
>
>So, in my previous message I asked if the ThinkPads battery could be
>discharged with a utility like the PowerBooks. I was told that I could
>using the fuel utility included with the ThinkPad. "Aha" I said, and
>dutifully read the flippin' manual. Of course the manual covers way to keep
>your battery healthy and suggests that you do occasionally discharge the
>battery completely with the fuel utility to reduce battery memory problems.
>
>....BUT IT DOESN'T SAY HOW TO DO IT!
>
>(hee hee! I just love the computer industry, don't you?)
>
>Does anybody here know how to completely discharge the battery with the
>utility?
>

>********************************************************************************
>
>Bill Berry
>Program Assistant