Re: ThinkPad: 701 suspend problems

On Tuesday, 29th October 1996, Steven S. Tauber wrote:

> My wife's 701 has recently been having problems with suspend and hibernate.
> It occasionally suspends but will not hibernate or will hibernate without
> first suspending.  She is using Win95 (with the latest BIOS flashed) and
> had been having no problems for about six months with this configuration
> until recently.  She isn't aware of anything occuring that might have
> caused this problem.

Does it occur only when it's on battery power, or when it's plugged in as
well? Is the BIOS set up for automatic or manual hibernation/suspension?
Perhaps you've recently added RAM without correspondingly increasing the
size of the hibernation file?

> 1) has anyone else been having this problem?

I haven't, so far, but I'm not running Windows 95.

> 2) is it likely that this is a hardware or a software problem.

Insufficient data, so far.
--
Christian Carey (ccarey@CapAccess.ORG) +1 301 431 0053