X config file for 755CS

 Stewart, wrote:

> but although I know Unix fairly well I am having a heap of trouble
> configuring XFree86. The X that came with my Debian distribution
> didn't know about the Trident TGUI 9660 video card, so I got
> XFree86 3.1.2G beta. Now xinit works, but it thinks I have
> only 640x480, and I can't get it to recognize the mouse.

My sympathies. I am having a similar problem with Red Hat 4.0. Although
Metro-X comes with this distribution, and has the config for my chipset
(WD90C24), and is supposed to be the X of choice, I cannot get it to see
the chipset and sadly my lowly 755CSE looks pretty lousy running X. Anyone
have a config file out there for a 755CS* that they'd bounce to me?
Thanks
Adam
--
Adam Finkelstein