760CD memory (was: Straight from the Horse's Mouth...)

> From: "Rick Tait" <rickt@gnu.ai.mit.edu>

[snip NT stuff]

> Does anyone have a price for a 16MB memory module thingy for a 760c out
> there? I need one ASAP!
>
> .rickt
> --
> Rick Tait
> <rickt@gnu.ai.mit.edu>

I noticed the prices on 760CD memory have dropped recently. I ordered 16MB
from a company named CMS at (352) 726-7700. I talked to Rick, who claimed to
be the president. He has answered the phone each time I've called, so I have
a feeling it's a one-man broker-style operation.

At any rate, his price was $154.75 + $12 fedex shipping. I ordered it on Friday,
10/18, and when it hadn't arrived by the following Friday, I called. He said
that it was shipped directly from the factory, he was surprised it wasn't
there yet, and call again if it wasn't there by this afternoon (10/28).

I just called home and Fedex did try to deliver something today. Unfortunately,
I'm in Charlotte and home is in Columbia (sigh), so I can't tell you if it
works until this coming Friday (big sigh!).

...but I thought the price was pretty good!

Paul

paulwal@colum.mindspring.com