Re: TP 701C/Win95 + Iomega ZIP Drive Parallel Port

>  Has anybody tried on using Iomega ZIP Drive Parallel with Win95 on
>  TP 701C before ?. The Guest95 could not find the ZIP drive !.
>  Strangely I managed to print through the printer pass through.

It sounds like you are having the exact problem I had settting up the PP
Zip on my TP with Win95.

>  I also tried manually installing the drive as instructed in the
>  Guest95 help file. BTW my 'Install software on the 1.44 floppy is
>  ver 3.03', and strangely I could not find the Setup95.exe like the
>  manual says. I assume the setup95.exe must be in the ZIP tool disk
>  that comes w/ the drive.

Correct, the documentation is obviously incorrect, because there _is_ no
Setup95.exe on any version of the install floppy, it is on the Zip Tools
disk. If you get the latest version of the Zip Tools software from Iomega
and look at the following web page, this should solve your problem:

http://www.iomega.com/support/techs/zip/why072.html

In a Nutshell here is what I did to get my PP Zip setup on my TP. 1) Use
the "Add New Hardware" feature of Win95 to detect the ZIP drive; 2) Make
sure there are no IRQ conflicts by checking in the device manager in
Win95; 3) Once Win95 has detected your Zip drive, copy the contents of
your WIN95Stuff Zip Tools directory to your C:\ drive; 4) Restart Win95
with your Zip Drive UNPLUGGED; 5) Run the setup95 program from your hard
drive; 6) Restart Win95 once again with your Zip Drive plugged back in
again; 7) You should have a working setup.

You may have to use the BIOS setup program on the Thinkpad to make sure
there are no conflicting devices. Just use the cmd F1 combination.