Re: Thinkpads vs ?

Thanks to everyone that replied.

We as a company have decided to move away from Thinkpads for a number
of reasons, but primarily the fact that although they are leading edge,
they are one of the most non-standard beasts around.

When we moved to Windows 95 a while back, we tested a number of machines
with the OS before we upgraded the whole company, and decided to delay
the overall install due to various problems.

The other reason is that the 560 although ideal for our sales people
due to being compact and with a nice huge screen, only has an easily
damagable external floppy drive..., not ideal for sales people.

I'm thinking very strongly of the Tecra CDT as a replacement to the
TP 760 as the features seem to be comparable.. 12.1 TFT Screen, 6X CDROM
Pentium 120 Processor, 1.2 Gig HD and 16Mb of memory for the same price
as a 760E P120 with only 8MB memory.

My problem machine to replace is the TP560. What we require is a machine
with a 12.1 TFT Screen, P90+ Processor, and floppy (CD not needed), and
hopefully from the same manufacturer.. Problem is only IBM seem to make
this type of machine with this amount of features that is as light and
as compact.

And suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Judd