Re: Thinkpads vs ?

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:45:19 -0700, you wrote:

"On Oct 12, 12:26pm, Alex Judd wrote:
"> Subject: Thinkpads vs ?
"> It is a sad day. After spending two years investing time and money
"> into Thinkpads, my company has today decided that they will no longer
"> be using Thinkpad machines as our standard lap-top machine.

"> I know this is not the right place for this discussion, but I guess
"> everyone here must have weighed othermachines against the Thinkpads,
"> and have a fair idea what comes second best.
"
"Just out of curiosity, why did your company decide to drop the TPs?
"I've used both Toshiba and NEC machines before and have got excellent
"support from NEC. I'd not hesistate to pick up a Tecra 500CDT or
"Portege 650 if I could.
	I'll have to 2nd that.  I'd probably go with Toshiba as well, if I
stopped buying Thinkpads, overall.  If I wanted another subnotebook, the
Twinhead brands are looking better than the 560 to me.
	epbrown
epbrown@enteract.com
Laptop Central
http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown