Yep, I'm a new ThinkPad owner!

Well, not exactly an owner of a NEW ThinkPad!

Recently been given one by a good friend. It's a 750Cs with 12Mb ram
with Windows 95 running quite comfortably.

No manuals supplied, but I've managed to survive so far!

I think the battery is not in very good shape. It lasts for just over
one hour before it starts beeping like hell!

Silly question 1... what is the operating period of the 750Cs with a
new battery?

Silly question 2... is the battery that expensive? I've been quoted
between 150-190 UK pounds for one??!!!!!

Alexander Man