RE: Message received; away : NOT AGAIN

At 01:40 PM 10/5/96 -0600, Life is just a bowl of queries! wrote:

>Gee, I'm really sorry.  I even included an apology in my stupid
>auto reply.  No, "everyone" will not recieve one of these stupid
>auto replies.  I have managed to make a list that includes everybody
>whom I know to be likely to send mail to this list (that is, everybody
>whom I could find as having done it the last time I was traveling)
>and have made my auto reply facility ignore mail from those senders.
>I guess I missed you, but I'll put you on that list immediately.
>
>I DO NOT understand why it is so infuriating to so many people to
>occassionally get one of these auto replies, but it's not apparently
>irritating at all for the entire list to be deluged with complaints
>about them.

        Hey Mike,

        Take it easy.  I don't think it was the auto-reply that was
annoying, just the humpteen attached messages that came with it!  :-)

        At any rate, folks--don't make such a big deal out of a little
mistake.  You'll thank yourself when you make one yourself.

-------
Randy Whittle		rwhittle@usa.net
USC Graduate School of Business    http://www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle
  "If you've been in the game for 30 minutes and still don't know who
is the patsy...*YOU* are the patsy."      - Warren Buffet