UGH!!! 701 to EZserv Again!

Maybe someone jinxed me for requesting list modification, ok whoever the
wiseguy is, knock it of! (JK :) )

My 701c is back to EZserv again.  The machine went in about Sept 1 for a
memory address error problem, and IBM replaced the system board and reloaded
the preload.  Heck they trew in a new cover too 'cuz they said it was
broken.  Unit recieved 9/26.  Havn't had much time to get the machine
reconfigured, all I was able to do was to change the parallel port to EPP
and hook up the tape drive and to my surprise it worked ( I couldn't
before), and backed up the hard drive.

When I flipped the machine on again, the right most led (power indicator?)
and the one that looks like a Xmas tree with a line through it horizontally
blinked together about once a second, and the machine 'clicked' but nothing
on the screen. (BTW Tha machine recieve nothing but the most delicate care,
and had never been dropped or jarred or abused.)

Called EZServ again, and they said it was the power board gone bad.
To recap:IBM has replaced the system boards (upper and lower), cover
now they will be replacing the power board (I'd think it would be on the
system board)

These things are all quite major and serious components. I am starting to
think my machine is a lemon.

UGH!!!!

Anyone else had any serious problems with their 701's?

Dennis

chessie@megsinet.net
pantazis@uiuc.edu

You can still see us at http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~pantazis !!!!!