Re: Withdrawal info

> 	What's really to discuss anymore?  Toshiba's are better than IBM going
> across the entire line, going by benchmarks and I think user opinion for folks
> who've used both.  They're rugged and equally reliable.  IBM doesn't get
> competitive with them until you get to the high-end machines.
>
> " Alden S Klovdahl /   alden.klovdahl@anu.edu.au    / fax: +61 62 49 05 25
> " Sociology Arts  / Australian National University / Canberra ACT Australia 0200
>
> epbrown@enteract.com
> Laptop Central
> http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown

My office is rather unanimous in preference of the TP701 and TP560
for light travel.  Those are low end aren't they?  With the education
discount, the service from our university CoOp, and the fact that
most of the office aren't power users, the portability and neat
features are really what count.  From my perspective, the IBM tech
support is about the best (comparatively speaking).  Even the 755s
and 365s in use have fared well in my offices.  Just a note of
comparison, we do have a few Zeniths, Toshibas, Dells and Macs as
well.

Guy W. Farrell
Network Coordinator                (860)486-5000
The UConn Foundation, Inc.         (800)269-9965
U-Box 206
Storrs, CT 06269-4190

E-mail: gfarrell@oasis.vpia.uconn.edu

Computer Support for Institutional Advancement