Re: Motorola Montana PC Card Experience

I've got both the Montana also and a MicroTAC cell phone too but haven't
had a reason/chance to use a cell hookup.  BTW, I'm using a 755C w/ W95 and
have used the HD and pc cards in a 750C also.

The PC card docs included a listing of the accessory cables for various
cell phones.  All were listed at $29.95 (USD) with the only exceptions
being for pager cables.  I tried to get the cable from Cellular One but
apparently they supported a different PC Card.  Was your $60 cost w/
overnight shipping from 1-800-4A-PCMCIA?

I just installed the QuickFax Mobile software which came with the Montana.
The software has a button that handles either land line or cellular
connections (switches betw modem setup strings).  The only reason I loaded
this software was because I got rid of PCPlus/Win 3.0 and wanted simple fax
capabilities back.

Using the Montana over land lines has been OK (work, home, travelling).  A
*major* caution to all laptop/portable users:  beware of the phone lines
you plug into!  A co-worker w/ 760CD fried his built-in modem by plugging
into either a digital phone or network jack (thank goodness for corp
maintenance agreements).  Anyway, we've since gotten a phone line device
which you can virtually connect to any phone system as well as protect your
modem.  It was from Global and it was around $130.  It's called an Office
Konnector by Konexx.

Joe