Re: Laplink-like software advice?

At 10:42 PM 9/20/96 -0700, Paul Bogrow wrote:
>For a 701C, could someone recommend shareware (or commercial
>software) to transmit files between a laptop and a desktop?
>
>If I don't use the modem at the same time, can I use COM1: for this
>purpose?

In win95, I use the built-in direct cable connection over a parallel cable
(faster than com1).

It works great, it lets you use the explorer from the guest machine to
browse around/move/copy/delete files on the host machine, as though it were
on a network (which I guess, it kindof is).

jesse montrose <jesse@spine.com> http://www.spine.com
     After seven years, I was sent home to my family.
                 Little man, I give the watch to you.