755ce Dos Mwave use

I am tring to setup a friends 755ce (486-100) to allow use of the mwave
modem in a dos app. Have loaded the Mwave dos files (mwd202-1 & -2) and
also upgraded the windows (3.11) drivers to the same level (mww202-1 & -2).

Windows works fine at 288 like it should but Dos apps don't seem to get
a responce from the modem. This is not in a dos window, booted directly
into dos.

Config.sys is loading MWDp0400.exe and autoexec.bat has a call mwave
start noshow.

Any Ideas..

Thanks in advance....

Michael Cummings at home, feet up in       |    Pyramid OSx MIS-12
Columbia, MD. Internet cummings@netcom.com |      Systems Admin.
  Washington DC. "A radio wasteland"...    |----------------------------
   I Want My W G T B Back!!!               |My other op-system is Linux!
      He will live on in our hearts, Jerry Garcia. 1942 - 1995.