Re: Caddy for floppy

"...I read a post in comp.sys.laptops that there is a caddy you can buy for the
floppy drive of a 755CD (and others I imagine) so you can use the floppy
and CDROM at the same time.  I called ibm direct but they want MONEY for
giving product information.
Does anyoone have information on this product?  My main questions are:
Price?
How does it connect? (PCMCIA, Parallel, etc.)
Weight?
Dimensions?
Is there a URL where I can see these specs and a PICTURE?  I'd really like
to see what it looks like. =)..."

~~~~~

i have one of them.  it's black, about 1"h x 4"w x 7"l and weighs nothing at
all.  it's basically a plastic sleeve with a cable coming out the back.  the
interface is proprietary (looks like a micro-mini scsi2) and i don't know which
laptops have the female counterpart on the back, if any.  i have a 755cd and it
does not, but the port replicator does, so that's how i use it.

the part # is 66G3696.  the fru # is 66G5069.  the price is $135.00.  in case
it means anything to any of you, this is a "scrap" part at tech support, just
like the floppy drive itself.

Michael J. Verne
Systems Administrator, Ventana Communications Group
michael_verne@vmedia.com
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/
If you board the wrong train, it's no use running along the corridor
in the other direction.    --Dietrich Bonhoeffer