760ED/pm_hyber.bin

I have a 760ED with Windows 95 operating system. When I stumbled
across the 18 million byte file in the root directory called
pm_hyber.bin I figured it must be a bloated cache and followed a
reclass instinct to delete it.  Oops, it must be needed for
Thinkpad's system hybernation, because a message came up indicating a
new one had been created.  QUESTION:  Have I lost anything important?
Should I restore the one in the Windows trash bin?  Thanks,
--
John Carmody
E-mail: oam@ix.netcom.com