Re: CD-ROM/FLOPPY DRIVE Hot Swapping Problem

"...I thought you at least needed himem and emm386.  go figure.  Even without a
config.sys and just a path in the autoexec, hotswapping still works.
If you go into Control Panel, Device Manager and click on System Devices,
does it list Advanced Power Management, and Plug and Play Bios?  The only
other thing I would suggest is to make sure the BIOS is up to date.  The
system disk is at version 1.43 for the 755cd (sytpe143.exe)...."

~~~~~
himem, emm386 & a few other things (including path enough for every machine
i've seen except a tp w/mwave) are defaults in the io.sys in 95.

i have both apm and pnp in device manager.  in my apm settings, 'enable' is the
only thing checked.  are any of the other three checked for you?

my bios is 1.41.  i'll pull down the upgrade & see what that does.  there are
others here with 755cd's that could use the functionality if i can make it work.

thanks.

oh, and your video cables are in the mail.

Michael J. Verne
Systems Administrator, Ventana Communications Group
michael_verne@vmedia.com
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/
If you board the wrong train, it's no use running along the corridor
in the other direction.    --Dietrich Bonhoeffer