Re: 701C and KXL-D720

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996 22:39:29 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

"On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, epbrown wrote:
"
"> 	Okay, I got the drive tonight and it's configured and working and
"> recognized properly, thanks to the tips of some folks from the list.  My only
"> problem is that I can't hear audio CDs with the 701C's speaker.  I downloaded
"> the CD-player from the MS website, and I already have the PowerToy called
"> FlexiCD.  Both are capable of manipulating the CD drive fine, since with
"> speakers attached I can hear all the changes I'm making and doing with no
"> problem.  I'd just like to be able to do it without lugging a pair of speakers
"> everywhere.
"
"Does the kxl-720 have a audio out jack?? (mini-phone) Are you expecting
"to have the audio singal come bach thru the pcmcia card?? I don't know
"the drive but I don't think this will happen. There is no audio return
"path. Go to Radio Shack and get a mini-phone to mini-phone cable and take
"the cd's output to the line in on the side of the 701. It's the center of
"the three jacks.
	I'm aware of this.  What I meant is that I'd like to be able to copy and
audio cd file to the drive and play it, but nothing seems to recognize the
format (*.cda).  Does Win95 have some app that does this?  Shareware?  I've
also noticed that the volume of the CD-ROM is low.  Only audible at the
highest settings.  Is the normal or should I contact USAFlex for another one?
	epbrown

epbrown@enteract.com
Laptop Central
http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown