RE: WTB: 560 133mhz 1gm Active Matrix, 8mb

"I think you are being to kind to the ibm.  Several magazines have done
comparison tests with other notebooks, and found the ibm lagging behind.  In
most cases the difference was attributable to the lack of an L2 cache, which
in my opinion was a crucial and unbelievable mistake by ibm."

If you want a super light notebook, you expect more compromises. Note that
the benchmarks I have seen place the 760CE 133MHz at the top of the
performance scale, slightly ahead of the Tecra.

"Unless .9 lbs is that crucial, why would buy the ibm?"

The answer is that for people buying the 560, the weight is crucial indeed.
if you are willing to deal with an extra 2 pounds or so, you do much
better with one of the full featured notebooks in my opinion. I am not
saying that it is silly to be concerned with the weight. If you have to
lug your machine around much, you quickly appreciate the difference that
even 0.9 lbs can make.

By the way what screen is on the Armada? Is it comparable to the 560?
because that of course is the other big appeal of the 560, it is a super
light machine with a very nice screen.