Win95 Suspend lockup

I have been having a problem with my 755cx and Win95.  Every once and
a while, when I am doing some type of long process, the computer goes
into suspend mode and then locks up.  This only seems to be a problem
if the process I am running is a demeon type of process.

For example, the recent lockup occurred when I was backing up my
machine over the network on to tape.  My machine went into suspend
mode ( the screen saver came on, and then it blanked ).  A little
later, the other machine reported an error that the network drive was
no longer available.  Sure enough, the thinkpad was locked.

It was locked to the point that I could not eject it from the docking
station.  I had to pull the plug on the docking station, lift up the
keyboard, and pull the battery.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any help would be appreciated.
Mark M. Ingerman
Creative Software Solutions, Inc.
(508) 394-5899
ingerman@cs2.com