701 modem

Just thought I would mention that I just downloaded a new
sound driver from the IBM web page, and it seems to have cured
my modem.  Prior to this update, I could use my shell account
with no troubles, but my PPP connection would get dropped after
a couple of minutes.

Last night I logged on for an hour of non-stop web cruising, so it
seems that at least in the case of my modem this fixed it, or at least
cleared up most of the problem.

The file is af701951.exe.  I am using win95, don't know if the fix will work
for other OS's, but I think there were up grades for them there.
I got the info from the laptop newsgroup, thanks to Susheng Wang who says
he got it from Jonathan Berry.  Anyway, it was very useful for
me, hope it helps the rest of you.

Apologies to the list if this is old
news.

-Frank