Re: Short-tailed mice

"noise ...shmoise ...it's quiet enough for my girlfriend to use during
class lectures."

That would be more convincing if the note came from one of the people sitting
near your girlfriend in the lectures. I have never heard anyone typing on
one of these keyboards (the old non-tilting TP keyboards) without making
an audible racket. If you can hear someone typing from a couple meters
away, that's too loud for a meeting -- for a really quiet keyboard, see
the old Versa series from NEC -- I have not tried the new ones.