copying data onto new hard disk

I have a 90-Mhz 760C running Windows 95 with a 720MB hard disk,
and I recently bought an IBM 1.08GM internal hard disk.  I want
to use the new hard disk as my primary one, and the original
as a backup.  Thus, I need to figure out how to copy all of
my data and files onto the new hard disk.

I called up IBM, and the person there told me how to partition
and format the disk.  Also, he said that using the XCOPY command
(with the appropriate flags set) in a DOS window would copy all of
the visible files but would not get the hidden files.
He would not tell me how to copy the invisible files unless
I paid IBM $35 fee.

I looked at my PC-DOS manual and discovered a command DISKCOPY,
but apparently this only will copy data onto a floppy diskette.

So does anyone know how to copy all of my data from my original
hard disk to my new one?  Thanks.

Marvin