Re: Short-tailed mice

G'day Alden,

[tilting keyboards]
> as a machine on its own when there is no way around it.  the keybard on the
> 760 would make it less passable in my view.  you can get the same effect if
> you put an older thinkpad on a solid surface and your chair on a trampoline.
> but, is the purpose of the tilt for the angle of typing or to cool the chip?

I quite like the tilting keyboard on my 760.  Some people like their external keyboard
tilted, some don't.  Same deal.  "Horses for courses".

One point critics have failed to note is, of course, the keyboard needs just the flick of a
lever and it lays down flat like any other TP keyboard.

I don't think the keyboard angle has anything to do with cooling at all.

I just extended my eyeballs out on stalks and peered under the tilted keyboard to make sure
I am not leading anyone australiana, and am now confident in saying that there is still a
flat surface under the tilted keyboard.   ie. A panel between the underside of the keyboard
(tilted or not) and the TP internals.  ie. further, tilting the keyboard doesn't allow
increased airflow to cool the internals.

>  Sociology Arts  / Australian National University / Canberra ACT Australia 0200

Fellow Canberran.  Greetings.

/*                      | Scuba Diving:         */
/* Neil Mclean          |   Down Under in a     */
/* Canberra, Australia  |      Land Down Under  */