Re: Pentium Upgrades

Robert Dewar wrote on 20 August 1996:
 > but can you really get the Pentium upgrade for the 760CD, I gave up calling
 > a month ago when I got my Tecra, but up to then I had been getting the
 > run around for months from IBM (I am talking about the 90MHz to 120MHz
 > upgrade).

I received the 90->120 upgrade as an installation kit about a month ago.
(No cost, because I ordered a 120MHz 760CD machine and the vendor sent me a
90 MHz instead.)  However, I'm still (patiently) waiting to have it
installed.  The upgrade consists of a small board, heat sink, and some
instructions (describing more little screws and ribbon cables than I want
to deal with).

Dan

Daniel Cerys         Email: cerys@bbn.com
BBN                  Work Phone: +1(617)873-4534
10 Moulton St.       FAX:        +1(617)873-2794
Mail Stop 6/4A
Cambridge MA 02138
USA