Re: 32MB addition for 701C

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:44:54 -0700, you wrote:

"I need to upgrade the memory for my sister's 701C and given the rapid
"obsolescence rate of laptops, I would like to only upgade the memory
"once during the lifetime of the unit.  Since 24MB total is just not a lot of
"memory with the software bloat nowadays, I was wondering if anyone had
"upgraded their Thinkpad 701C with a 32MB DIMM (for a total of 40MB) and
"how well that worked.  Also, where and how much did you get if for?
"
	I'm running mine with 24MB and can't really imagine someone needing more
without working with programming or graphics.  Also, as you've seen, the 16MB
chips are very inexpensive now (says a guy who paid $279 a TWO MONTHS ago and
thought it a great deal, grrr!).
	And, unless I'm mistaken, the 32MB chips haven't been anywhere near as
reasonably priced as the others, even now.
	epbrown
epbrown@enteract.com
Laptop Central
http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown