pcmcia controller chip in the 755C

   From: "Jeffrey Graham" <jgraham@prefect.tenagra.com>
   Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 14:52:21 +0000

   Hello!

   I am a NASA contractor. We are preparing to fly several
   IBM thinkpad 755Cs on STS-85 in July.
   The machines have 12Megabytes ram, 540Meg hd.
   They will also have Thomas Conrad TC5141-2 pcmcia ethernet
   cards.

   Anyone know what pcmcia controller chipset is in these
   puppies?

   I need to know because we want to use Linux with them.

   Thanks!
   Jeffrey Graham
   jgraham@tenagra.com

The 755C uses the Intel chipset.  You don't need to know this; the
PCMCIA drivers will figure it out automatically.  I am using a 755C
running Linux right now, with PCMCIA support -- it automatically
configures itself correctly with no trouble.