Short-tailed mice

Just hooked up a mouse to my TP 700 for a while. Well, have to say that
there is a big difference between a trackpoint and a mouse. The latter
allows you for much faster and more precise movements. One slight downside
though is that a regular desktop mouse (with a long tail) sort of
obstructs your movements with its long tail that is absolutely not needed
in its full glory for anything to accomplish here, a half of it would be
much better. Plus, it takes more space on one's desktop and I did buy a
laptop to have more space on the desktop for other things (not a mouse!).
Now, are you guys aware of such mice? It would be cool to have one. While
not on the road I would definitely choose this kind of mouse over
a trackpoint. Just a thought. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Waldemar

PS. Yes, I am sure that cordless mice are even better but that's not what
I really mean.