701 and win95

Hi,

I have two things that I don't like about the 701 running win95, does anyone
else have the same problem, or solutions?

1.  Adjusting the volume with FN PgUp / PgDn sometimes makes the pointer
    disappear.  This didn't happen in 3.1.
2.  Faxworks from IBMs site installed on win95 wont send faxes.  Complains
    about not being able to find cover page config file or something like that.

Also, I have 8MB RAM, how much of an improvement is there, going to 16 or 24?

Thanks, any comments, or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Boris