Li-Ion Battery...

Okay, before I even start, I want to apologize for probably bringing up a topic
that has been exhausted to death in this forum.  So, please instead of wasting
bandwidth, I am truly sorry for posting this request for info if you had seen
it once too many times... :(

I have a Thinkpad 755CX with the Li-Ion battery.  My understanding of these
batteries is that they do not have the problem of *memory* and maintains the
charge much longer.  Coupled with the little fuel gauge program to discharge
and recharge the battery, I thought this battery would serve me well past the 1
year that I've had it up to now.

Needless to say, here are the problems I'm having:

	*  battery last only 40-45 minutes after charging;
	*  fuel gauge doesn't progressivly monitor levels of charging;
	*  fuel gauge doesn't progressivly monitor levels of discharing, and
	*  my stress factor is increasing! :)

Any help on how I can *re-condition* my battery would be appreciated, if that
is at all possible.

... patrick

           Patrick Hong Systems Management & Consulting Inc.

           phong@concentric.net           (613) 769-1544 Tel
           phong@connectinc.com           (613) 728-4063 Fax