Re: Couldn't resist it!

--- Will Dunn / Leopard Communications wrote:

> >My apologies for the waste of bandwidth, but I couln't resist sharing
> >this with the rest of the list...
> >
> >""
> >Subject:  IBM and the Bantu
> >
> >KABINDA, ZAIRE--In a move IBM officers are hailing as a major step
> >in the company's ongoing worldwide telecommunications revolution,
> >M'wana Ndeti, a member of Zaire's Bantu tribe, used an IBM global
> >uplink network modem yesterday to crush a nut.
>
>             S   N   I   P
>

> This originally appeared in _The Onion_, an off color, satire of a
> newspaper.  They deserve the credit for the work.
>
> --wwd
>

> Will Dunn
> Leopard Communications
> Boulder, CO
> http://www.leopard.com

I didn't mean to take credit for it - neither does the way I presented it
to the list imply that I had anything to do with its creation. The "article"
was sent to me and I found it so funny that I couldn't resist sharing it
with the other members of the ThinkPad list. I had no idea regarding its
origin. Many thanks for the addendum.

Hope nobody got too offended...
--
Paulo Magalhaes  *  Dept. Neurology, Columbia University, New York, USA
voice: (+1 212) 305 1665  **  fax: ... 305 3986  **  pm119@columbia.edu