Re: 150 Mhz thinkpad

"Hotswapping items in the ultrabay of a 760CD, like the floppy and CD, =IS= suppo
rted, just
not under OS/2 warp 3.0 though unfortunately.  Under windows I have done it many
 times."

You misunderstand, of course you can hot swap in the ultrabay, what you
cannot do, at least according to the documentation, is to plug and unplug
the external floppy. Of course the documentation may be incorrect, but
I never tried disobeying it.

As to the heat, 760's may vary, but the 760CD I am typing on now is hot
enough to burn your hand (I have!) if you touch the hottest part of the
underside of the case. The Tecra runs much cooler, and so far the fan
never turned on (it would turn on I assume if it got really hot!)

Judging by the amount of email I get following up my posts on the Tecra
vs TP, I think that quite a few people are interested in this comparison.
For me the Tecra is definitely superior, but as I have noted there are
many differences and plusses and minuses on each side, so it is something
you have to decide for yourself.