Re: PCs Compleat

At 01:03 PM 8/1/96 -0400, billy@mix.com wrote:
>> I do not have any first hand experience, however, there was a discussion
>> in another forum relative to returns to PCs Compleat. The bottom line
>> was the first time you make a return there's no problem and perhaps even
>> the second time however after that your "black listed" and they will
>> either not sell to you or will not allow you the unconditional return [...]
>
>I've bought from them once by COD - they wanted a fax of the check
>I'd use to pay for it before they would ship.  I imagine it's not
>an easy business to be in but even so this really was a surprize to
>me.  Other than that I have no complaint - prices were good, delivery
>was fast, etc.  I usually use COD as that way no one gets paid until
>I get my goods (hopefully it inspires them to ship faster).

Hmmm... Paying by credit card gets you the same protection without the
hassle. I don't understand why you wouldn't do that. One associate of mine
bought a Thinkpad 701 direct from IBM, complained immediately about the fact
that it wouldn't sit flat on a table (it wobbled), held payment from the
credit card company, and held onto the original machine while he was shipped
a new one. Same problem. Eventually, he got a 755CX and returned the 701 and
released payment. But, just shows what you can do!

ssh
--
 Steve Hultquist            Founder         Worldwide Solutions, Inc.

Web, Internet, LANs, WANs, Routing, Switching, Unix, PCs, NT, 95, OS/2
	       Network and systems provider for JavaOne
http://www.wwsi.com/	 303.581.0800           Boulder, Colorado, USA