Re: 750 HD upgrade?

At 09:12 PM 7/30/96 -0500, Harry Seaman wrote:
>Has anyone had success using a non-IBM 2.5 hard drive in a 750 tinkpad?
>The Western digital AL2540 dosen't work for sure.  The folks at road
>warrior sell toshiba hd's which they say will work.  Their prices are not
>that great, AND they won't tell what model toshiba they would sell you!!

If they fit, they must be the MKV. (Or some permutation of those letters.
Call Toshiba and get them to fax you the list of 2.5 drives) You need the
12.7mm drives, not the 19mm models.

I'm using a Quantum. I had to put holes in the top of the case, but it works
fine. Suspend works, can't tell you about password.

In Road Warrior's defense, they provide a lot more support and info than
most hole-in-the-wall drive outlets, so if they seem reluctant to do the
research for you and them give you sufficient info to go buy the drive
somewhere else for $2 less, I can sympathise.

Donald Alan Whiteside, who will vote for Dick Lamm if he'll give me his
daughter Heather's phone number. (Smart, cute AND socially conscious - woohoo!)
"Penis ownership is not a prerequisite to technological competence" - Me.