Re: HD upgrade TP701

----------
> From: Axel Hartmann <axel.hartmann@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
> To: thinkpad@cs.utk.edu
> Subject: HD upgrade TP701
> Date: Monday, July 29, 1996 10:21 PM
>

> could someone who has re-used the IBM-caddy on a non-IBM
> drive report on the mechanical side of swapping drives?
> is it something you would want to do more than once?
> how do you tweak those miniature torx-screws?

I replaced the 170mb(!) drive in my old 755Cs about a year ago with a
Toshiba 1.3g. Had to carve off the top off the caddy after prying it open.
No problem doing it more than once, it's not a complicated part.

The Toshiba drive caused me to lose all suspend/hibernate function.

Enjoy & good luck...~j