X11R6[.1] on TP-560 at 800x600

This may be a little beyond the scope of this list .. my apologies if that's
true ..

I recently bought a 560 whilst in Montreal and now have it running FreeBSD
(-current). However, whilst I've been able to get the current XFree 3.1.2E
beta to happily run in 640x480 mode, I don't seem to be able to find a
decent set of parameters for 800x600 :-(. Instead, I get about seven
horizontal copies of the left side of the login xterm when using the
"standard" VESA dot-clocks/scan-rates.

At first, I suspected that the "expansion" feature had something to do with
this but I checked and it's disabled. I should also note that it has the
DSTN screen rather than the active matrix.

The X-server properly detects the TGUI9660, 1 meg of video RAM, a max dot
clock of 75MHz (or 80MHZ with the "med_dram" option, which I presume is ok
for 70nSec video RAM) and using the "nolinear" option to switch off direct
access to it doesn't help.

I've ordered the tech ref. guide but it'll be 2-3 weeks before it gets here
(from the US) :-( Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated.

	michael