Re: question

On the subject of old thinkpads, I have a question..

I have a TP755cx with a dock 1, and since I have graduated, I may
bring the computer to work in the near future. My wife occasionally
uses the computer. We always think about getting her a computer.

What will be the best second hand Thinkpad computer we should get?
She only uses it for writing and her checkbook (hence only Excel and Word
or Wordperfect are needed.) She loves Win3.1 and will get mad at me for
getting any Win95;), and she will put in an astrologer program which
basically runs on DOS, although we are thinking of getting a Windows
version.(in either case, size and memory is not a problem, the program
is only 4MB big). She will also use it to read her email, although we may
think about putting Netscape there. Do you think a 310MB HD will be more
than enough? Do you think we can get a HD that holds even less space? (we
have a tape backup, besides, the majority of other softwares will be in
the 755cs.)

Obviously we would like to have one that can also dock, and should have
at least one slot for the modem card.

We would not mind having a mono. The only color usage is whenever
she wants to see a birthchart.

What will be the price range for the cheapest machine? Remember,
we are only getting a second machine, so the more economical, the better;)

(I almost thought that I should get her the old suitcase like IBM 486
laptop that runs on win3.0...but thought that I might as well ask
for advice first;))

Thanx

V.

Vincent B. Ho   何保承    1996年三藩市州立大學商科碩士畢業生
San Francisco State Univerisity MBA Graduate 96'
(415)255-5963    hbv@slip.net     http://www.slip.net/~hbv/hbv.html
中文本頁地址(Chinese Homepage): http://www.slip.net/~hbv/hbvchi.html
Club Viola Signorelli Firenze; NAWCC #134571; Team H; Shoujo, H, MG ML
Minami Ozaki Fan Page & Gallery http://www.slip.net/~hbv/ozaki.html