Re: Good price on 16MB DIMM for 760c?

Tom Franklin wrote:

> > I am in the process of buying one from a local company called The
> > Chip Merchant.  They do mail order also, I think.  Their URL is:
> > http://www.thechipmerchant.com  They quoted me $216 for a 16MB DIMM
> > for my TP760C.  Their local number is (619) 268-4774.  They give a
> > life time warranty and through my experience are reputable.  Good
> > Luck.
>
> Well I got my 16MB DIMM and it works great.  Apparently Chip Merchant
> does have a lifetime replacement warranty.

On their price sheet of 7/16/96 (http://www.thechipmerchant.com/prices.htm)
I saw a SO DIMM 16 Mb 3.3v for $172. Is this the right chip for a
ThinkPad 701C? Has anyone tried this combination (The Chip Merchant memory,
unknown brand(?), TP701C) already?

Regards, Maurice
--
Maurice klein Gebbinck <mauricek@cs.kun.nl>
University of Nijmegen, Computing Science Institute