Re: Hibernation of TP755CX with OS/2

>My problem was basically due to the limitation of TP755CX's
>hibernation. Taling with IBM's support staff, I found that the
>hibernation file must be made on a FAT partition, while I made it on a
>HPFS partition. So, I made a hibernation file on a FAT partition this
>morning. Hibernation is now working.
>
>Has anybody seen this limitation in any document of TP755CX?

Not having an Etherlink III I didn't reply to your original posting, however
I too have had problems hibernating (and suspending) with an Ethernet card
(ICcard (D-Link DE650 clone)) activated (under OS/2 Warp Connect).  The
problem in this case was the NDIS driver (as far as I could tell).  By
having CONFIG.A and CONFIG.B and using the OS/2 Alt-F1 menu to choose, I can
have either a LAN activated configuration - lots of LAN drivers, etc,
Ethernet activated, but can't use hibernate (not too much of a problem as
I'd be on mains anyway) and an "on the road" configuration with no LAN
drivers, Ethernet disabled, but hibernate (usually) working fine.

And this is on an all HPFS disk.  I do occasionally have the machine (TP
755CX) seize up on me when I try and hibernate, even with the Ethernet
disabled, but very seldon, and usually its fine and I have no FAT partition.
I am therefore surprised to hear IBM tell you that it should be FAT.  The
ThinkPad Book .INF file doesn't mention this when talking about creating a
hibernation file under OS/2, though it does specify not on a compressed drive.

Geoff
Dr G P Hogan
Laser Group, Clarendon Laboratory,	    Tel:   +44 1865 272205
Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PU		    Fax:   +44 1865 272400
UK				    Email: g.hogan@physics.ox.ac.uk