Re: MWave modem under Win95?

> I've got a Thinkpad 755CX upon which I just installed Win95.
> I upgraded the BIOS with the disk that Tech Support recommended, I
> have installed the MWave drivers for both DOS and Windows - the
> audio facilities of the MWave DSP are working fine (I have
> Windows sound and all that jazz), and Win95 *is* seeing the DSP
> modem just fine, BUT, whenever I try and use it, the modem just
> isn't getting any dialtone, when I know that the line I am using
> is fine.
>
> Is there anything special I need to do to get this 28.8 modem
> working properly?

I had this same problem with my 755CD when I first purchased it.  In
my case, the connector that accepts the phone jack wasn't fully seated
into the machine.  Make sure it is completly installed and locked
into place.  The locking lever is under the keyboard, in the upper
left, above the phone jack connector.

Tony Staples
tstaples@piedmont.net