Re: Pin-out for PS2 port?

At 04:54 PM 5/24/96 +0100, Jonathan Marshall - EMU91 wrote:

>Thanks for your advice, however the cheapest I can find the adaptor in
>britian is almost 30 ukp (from IBM themselves).  Unless anyone can send me
>a cheaper supplier in the uk, my question still remains: Does anyone have
>the pin out connections for the combined keyboard/mouse ps2 port of a
>Thinkpad?

Sure.

Looking at the connector on the pad, there are 6 pin sockets and a funny
rectangular "key" socket. With the top of the socket being key socket up
(IBM is notorious for flipping plugs willy nilly - it STILL gives me fits
that the plugs on the dock are inverted from standard) and pin 1 being
immediately to the right of the key pin, we go clockwise around the plug:

5: Mouse Clock
3: Ground(Earth)
1: Mouse data
2: Keyboard Data
4: +5V dc
6: Keyboard Clock

I'm attaching a BMP to the message to Johnathan. Anyone else who wants to
see it can email me, but it's not real impressive looking....

Donald Alan Whiteside, Official Computer Dork for the 1996 Olympics
"Penis ownership is not a prerequisite to technological competence" - Me.