PCMCIA Powered CDROM

Hi guys...  I'm searching for a friend this time.  He doesn't actaully
have a ThinkPad, but I thought I'd ask for advice here anyhow since
some of you might know...  He does lots of international travel and
is looking for a CDROM drive.  Ones like the Panasonic (that I have)
require a separate power connection which would mean in addition to
the drive you have to take the CD's power unit (plugin transformer),
plus a second power transformer/adapter for the foreign power (one
for the laptop, one for the drive).

What he really needs is a CDROM drive that's powered from the PCMCIA
slot.  I've seen them - somewhere, but can't remember where or who the
manufacturer was.  Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance...
Lee Stewart