speaker static thanks

Thanks for the various suggestions on the speaker static in my 755CD.
Ziggy, I sure hope they DO send you that 760ED--keep us posted.  I was
hoping for a solution that wouldn't involve yet another trip to EZ
Serve--this unit is my financial lifeline, and being without it even a week
has been unbearable.  Erik, no nothing else (RCA plugs, docking station,
etc.) is attached to the unit.  Has anyone tried disassembling the speaker
and resetting it?  I'd like to hear any results before trying that.

Kate