TP701C & PayPhone 2000 (fwd)

Posting for a friend....

trying to get a TP701C to connect through one of the payphone 2000 at
airports, connections above 9600 are garbage strewn everywhere, it looks
like the modem is spitting out crap at 57.6 to itself!  the buffer is so
full that it overflows as soon as it can be disconnected.  nothign
legible either, just kunk.  he is however using Windows 95 (I told him
that's his problem :) )

nayone have success connecting through these?

I gues the phone mimicks the central office to the laptop and then when the
connection is made to a termserver it hands the laptop over to it.  kinda
funky....

anyhow after messing with limiting the connection rate, 9600 works, but
barly.

wondering if its an elecrical problem like mismacthed impedence between
the tp and the phone.

don;t know if they tried a pcmcia modem, but propably have.

anythoughts?

thanks in advance

Dennis

Dennis Pantazis				My opinions are my own, and can not
<pantazis@uiuc.edu>			be interpreted as extensions of the
Graduate Student in Civil Engineering	University's official policies,
University of Illinois-Urbana		until they decide my opinion are
(the Extended Tour of Duty continues)	profitable to the institution!

You can see us at:  http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~pantazis